missing dlfcn.h, dlopen() man page... & other dl stuff HELP!

Er...  I'm missing a file dlfcn.h... I get an error when I try to
compile Apache 1.3
(just .configure'd)  I'm running debian 1.3 on my home machine (where
I'm working
right now)

On my debian 1.3 system at work I notice that I have the file.  Also
there's a
man page for dlopen, which isn't available on my 1.3 machine at home.
Am I hosed?
It looks like this should be part of ld.so stuff, which I think is a
base package...

Anybody out there have any clues what I can do to fix this?