Re: How do I setup /dev/cdrom ?

I had the same problem.  I was trying to install a SB16 cdrom and finally got it working by recompiling the kernel with support for non-IDE/SCSI controller card (sbpcd driver to be exact).  After that, everything worked fine.  Was driving me nuts for a while, though.  I was assuming that since the cdrom was IDE, compiling the kernel with IDE cdrom support was what I was supposed to do, and I was ignoring the kernel config question about non-IDE/SCSI support.  This might not have anything to do with your problem, but your error messages look awfully familiar.

		Miek
		err (Mike)