Problems with exmh

Hi,

I've been a Debian user for over two years now.  I'm still running the stable
bo release and using exmh for mail under X.

In the last week or two exmh has stopped functioning properly.  Normally when
I send mail out I use the 'whom' option on the 'More...' menu to verify the
email addresses of the recipients of the message but that no longer works.
It seems to do nothing at all when I select this option.

I have 4 systems running debian on a LAN with a common /home directory
exported with nfs and NIS for account and passwords.

There is one other workstation on the LAN and when I telnet to it, export
DISPLAY='my_work_station:0' and run exmh it works fine (the 'whom' menu
selection works again) so it must be something specific to my workstation that
has been broken.

I've tried purging and reinstalling the exmh package with dpkg and that does
not fix it.

The 'whom' command under MH's comp function works on my workstation so I think
the problem is specific to exmh.

The workstation with the problem has been upgraded from a debian 1.2 system
over the years.  It is currently an up-to-date debian 1.3.r8 system.

$ uname -a
Linux gollum 2.0.33 #1 Tue May 26 20:01:05 EDT 1998 i586 unknown

||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  exmh            1.6.9-4        An X user interface for MH mail.
ii  metamail        2.7-21         An implementation of MIME.
ii  tcl74           7.4p3-5        The Tool Command Language (TCL) v7.4 - Run-T
ii  tcl75           7.5p1-2        The Tool Command Language (TCL) v7.5 - Run-T
ii  tk40            4.0p3-5        The Tk toolkit for TCL and X11 v4.0 - Run-Ti
ii  tk41            4.1p1-2        The Tk toolkit for TCL and X11 v4.1 - Run-Ti

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Bernt.
--
Bernt T. Hansen    - Norang Consulting Incorporated ---  bernt@shaw.wave.ca
Computer Systems/  - 235 Bellamy Road N., Scarborough -  phone: (416)431-6216