mail notifiers

Are there any good mail notification programs available for Debian?  I'm
especially interested in big flashy packages with lots of bells,
whistles, etc.  One that could run as a screensaver would be cool.

Thanks,

Brian Morgan

PS:  I'm having trouble sending / receiving messages to this listserv
from my debian machine.  I can send and receive from all other outside
email sources, but for some reason, I'm not getting through to this
listserv.    I got the confirmation email back, and responded to it with
the correct info. in the subject line, etc.  Does anyone know if the
listserv is having any problems right now?