Re: The juggernaught expands?

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 10:12:02AM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Shaleh wrote:
>
> > Well..... I like that we are mentioned (-:  Looks like IE for Linux is
> > coming our way.
> >

> I hope they are not wasting their time with a program like IE that most
> will never use, I hope they are porting Word, Excel, and Power
> Pig^H^Hoint.

Oh gee just what we need. I will admit, I could use a good word processor
LIKE Word...but please NOT word!

I mean really...its a word processor...nice to have but...come on...
they can't even keep it compatible with older versions of itself!
and just think of all the benefits of having word... Word Macro Viruses,
a completely asinine file format.
(I believe I told the story on this list before of when I was called to
look at a MS Word file that was corrupt when a grant was pending at
the hospital)

> The only way IE gets users is by forcing the browers down their throats
> like Mac and Win do. Given an equal choice, 85% choose Netscape and 15%
> choose Exploder.

Definitly. And lucky for us...it will be impossible for Uncle Bill to force
Linux users to install IE. Oh and another great "Feature" that comes with IE
ActiveX.

> Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?

Exactly! And thats exactly why I wont use their products, even if they come
out for linux. I mean I understand that they are a buisness and it is their
job to make money...not to make people happy.

What they do is "good buisness" in the most pure sense but...there are limits
They take "good buisness" to the most apauling level...I personally
find it disgusting.

They will not see a dime from my wallet as long as I can help it.

-Steve