Re: netscape 4 configuration

The netscape package is only an installer.  You need to download the
tarball from Netscape's site, place it in /tmp (owned by root, as the
message says), and then try the installation again.

At 11:20 AM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I've installed netscape 4 from dselect, but when I try to configure it
>(also in dselect), I get the following error messages:
>
>The netscape archive must be in /tmp, owned by root, and under a name
>matching one of the following:
>
>communicator-v4*.x86-*-linux*.tar*
>navigator-vr*.x86-*-linux*.tar*
>
>Am I doing this right, or is there another place where I need to setup
>netscape?

-----
Gregory T. Norris - gnorris@mail.state.mo.us

My employers like me, but not enough to let me speak for them.