Re: Newbie needs help connecting to isp

Stephanie Bloodworth wrote:

> I have recently installed the base distribution of hamm and ran
> pppconfig. Now when I run pon the modem dosn't dial. Two processes are
> created pppd and chat but I am not connected to my isp any help as to the
> cause of this problem would be appretiated.

	Check to file permissions and ownership of /etc/chatscript,
/etc/chatscript/provider, /etc/ppp/peers/provider.  This happend to me; if
pppd runs but nothing happens then the file permissions of the
/etc/chatscripts dir may be wrong.

10:17pm /home/ed\> d /etc
drwxr-x---   2 root     dip          1024 Jun 13 16:58 chatscripts

10:17pm /home/ed\> d /etc/chatscripts/
-rw-r-----   1 root     dip           478 Jun 13 18:56 provider

10:18pm /home/ed\> d /etc/ppp/peers/
-rw-r-----   1 root     dip           909 Jun  9 17:54 provider