Re: problem using staroffice 4 (fwd)

> other email i wrote your, said that i had problems with the instalation
> of one program. It was StarOffice 4. I was working with glibc and today
> i change to the none-glibc version of debian. I could install staroffice
> without problems. When i read some documents, there said that Staroffice
> cant work with glibc, but i had also programs that requiered glibc. What
> can i do?? I want to work with staroffice, and with my other programs
> too!!.

You can run libc5 and libc6 programs at the same time with debian.  All
you need to do is ensure that you have libc5 and libc6 installed on your
system.  That's all.

The StarOffice README's mention the requirement for recent libc5 and libm,
but you don't need to worry, as debian has versions that suit the
requirements.

Cheers,

Joost