Re: Install/Uninstall dramas (novice user)

In article <[🔎] 19980614115720.A28383@yodeller.rising.com.au>, Hamish wrote:

>I have been running Linux for some two years and Debian for more than one,
>and certainly haven't required MC yet. Even standard would be inappropriate
>I think -- standard is for things which are standard on a Unix system,
>and should probably be as strict as possible to keep the size down.
>Optional remains appropriate.

Not that I am experienced enough to suggest a list, but perhaps Debian
should have a "Recommended" standard setup for inexperienced users?
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net

Q. Why do some people take astrology seriously?
a. Because they have unusually small brains.    --Dave Barry