Re: Complex passwords

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> that password again makes passwd accept it.  This isn't so good - I'd
> like to force these "administrators" to choose complex passwords.  As it
> stands, one can hit the enter key three times and passwd will enter a
> null password!

I don't know of any way to force passwd to do this. But, there are a
number of password generators around. I use one written in expect.

Maybe you can just make it a policy that the generator has to be used.

We used to have fun with passwords... things like b0ne.hEad or Uf0o1 :-)

--

Stuart Krivis    stuart@krivis.com