Complex passwords

Hello,

I'm writing a script to enable non-UNIX types at my work to be able to
administrate customer accounts.  I'm fairly pleased with what I've got,
but I've got a question.

The passwd command runs a complexity check on what is entered, and tells
you if you're picking a password that's too easy.  However, entering
that password again makes passwd accept it.  This isn't so good - I'd
like to force these "administrators" to choose complex passwords.  As it
stands, one can hit the enter key three times and passwd will enter a
null password!

The manpage doesn't show me an obvious way to disable this behavior of
the passwd command (accepting easy passwords).  Is there a way?

Thanks!

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104