Re: Newbie Install - Serial port and PPP does not work

Raj writes:
> I was focussed on the other file in ppp directory called optionsttySXX.
> And I did not see any reference to the port in that file except the file
> name.  The comment inside that file says that I should rename that file
> for my serial port to optionttyS1 and edit it to put my hostname.  I had
> done that.  I do not have the system in front of me so I may have the
> file name wrong.  Once I renamed that file back, everything started
> working.  What is that file anyway?  Is it for people who would dial in
> to my machine using PPP?

options.ttySXX lets you pass different options to pppd depending on which
serial port you tell pppd is using.  I used it when I was using ppp and a
null modem cable as a poor-man's LAN.  You don't need it.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)