gnus

     After using rmail for reading mail for several years, I am now
trying to learn to use gnus.  I have a several questions that I haven't
been able to resolve.

     I find it convenient to leave the point in the summary buffer at
the top of the screen, and read the messages in the article buffer.
However, I frequently want to back up a screen.  I have only been able
to do this by using C-x o to switch the point to the article buffer,
where Pg Up works.  The gnus info file says, under "Scrolling the
Article", :

`DEL'
     Scroll the current article back one page
     (`gnus-summary-prev-page').

     When I press DEL (from either buffer) I get an error message that
the buffer is read only.  How can I make the article scroll back one
page?

     How can I use gnus to review old (previously read) mail that is
held in the gnus folders?  My .gnus file is set up for the nnfolder
secondary-select method.

Bob
--
   _