Re: FTP gone from dselect

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Brian Morgan wrote:

> I've just installed Debian 2.0 and successfully downloaded several
> packages using the custom install and FTP method of access.  Now, when I
> reboot the system, it gives me several network errors, and FTP is gone
> from dselect's "Access" menu.  Any suggestions?

You probably managed to uninstall dpkg-ftp.  Either install that again, or
get the new "apt" package from project/experimental on your favorite
mirror.  Apt provides a superior method for dselect that can be used
across multiple archive sites and which can access sites vi both ftp and
http.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/