Re: aic6260, cdrom & linux

thanks hamish.  tried your settings and still no joy.  this one's got me
stumped.  anybody else have a suggestion?  is there an optimal place to
put 'append' lines in lilo.conf?

-c-

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 12:59:28PM -0400, Chea Prince wrote:
> > did you ever get linux to see your cdrom?  i have an onboard aic 6260
> > scsi chip on an old zeos
> > gosling motherboard that linux refuses to recognize.  the bios can be
> > set to autodetect scsi and i'ved tried bios SCSI ENABLED--no suucess
> > with sutoprobe.  disabled bios and forced detection using
> > append="aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,0" & append="aic6260=0x340,11,7,1,0".  no
> > joy.  win95 has no problem
> > accessing the drive with SCSI ENABLED via bios.  seems to be a linux
> > thing.  trying desperately
> > to dump microsoft but snags like this are slowing me down.
> >
> > any ideas?  anybody?  btw, cdrom is a NEC.
>
> Hmmm, I think this is the same as card I have (VLB, with floppy, IDE,
> parallel/serial & SCSI all on board). To get it running with Linux,
> I used
>
> aha152x=0x340,11,7,0,0
>
> I think the 1->0 disables disconnect or similar. I used an NEC CD-ROM
> drive too and it worked.
>

> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt, hamish@debian.org, hamish@rising.com.au, hmoffatt@mail.com
> Latest Debian packages at ftp://ftp.rising.com.au/pub/hamish. PGP#EFA6B9D5

                                  The man
PUBLIC DOMAIN, INC.          Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
P.O. Box 8899-0899           Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Atlanta, GA  30306           Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
VOX: 404.373.0980            Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
FAX: 404.378.3607            Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
cprince@pd.org               A mechanised automaton.

                             --Percy Bysshe Shelley