[NC013@aol.com: New User]

----- Forwarded message from NC013@aol.com -----

From: <NC013@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:30:10 EDT
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: New User

I just downloaded and installed Debian on a computer for the first time.  I
think the free software thing is a great concept, and I like the fact that
there is a legitimate alternative to the Microsoft ruled world of pc operating
systems.

I have only one slight problem.  I don't have a clue how to use Linux.  I'd
greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to learn the interface, as well as
what software I ought to have on my system and how to get and install it.

I checked the Debian site's FAQs and howtos, but didn't find them very
helpful.  Anything you can tell me wuld be extremely helpful.

John

----- End forwarded message -----

 /                 Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only /
/          proved it correct, not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth /