Re: pppd-2.3.5 pap authentification does not work

I had this problem.  I fixed it by downloading the source for ppp-pam and
copying the ppp.pam file to /etc/pam.d/ppp ... here is what that file
contains (notice the libraries are different from Debian's ppp file):

---
#%PAM-1.0
# Information for the PPPD process with the 'login' option.
auth	required	/usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
auth	required	/usr/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account	required	/usr/lib/security/pam_permit.so
session	required	/usr/lib/security/pam_permit.so
---

I already reported this problem as a bug.

-Paul