Re: Help on Debian

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 01:49:56PM -0500, Josh Jackson wrote:
> Hello,
>     I have been a Linux user for almost 6mounths now...I think I have
> gotten it down pretty good or so it seems.  I just had soem major
> problems with "hackers" entering my box, they caused enuf damage for me
> to have to re-format and i started looking into Debian.  I was
> woundering what the newest version of Debian was

The newest official stable release was 1.3.1 last year. The next release
will be 2.0, and it is *nearly* ready now. You may want that, it is very
stable. As we currently work on a few bugs, it is only "frozen" (this is the
name of the 2.0 distribution on the ftp site).

> and if the kernal
> supported fat32?  So, if u could email me back i would greatly aprciate
> it.

All kernels in 2.0 have the fat32 patch already applied. Don't know about
the 1.3.1 kernels, sorry.

Thank you,
Marcus