Re: Quake Segfaults

On: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 09:57:10 -0500 Ed Cogburn writes:

> Is there a man page/info/FAQ that explains this?  Is this why its
> referred to as 'sticky' or am I thinking of something else.

See the info page on Fileutils/File permissions/Mode structure.  The
sticky bit is the t-bit for files and is propably not even used in
Linux or other todays unix.  Its purpose on old machines was to put
often used programs (such as ls or vi) into the swap space for faster
system cache).

	Torsten

--
Whenever a system becomes completely defined, some damn fool discovers
something which either abolishes the system or expands it beyond recognition.