afbackup problems

Hi guys,

I am still having problems with afbackup.  This probably isn't the right
place to ask for help but I was hoping one of you might have already dealt
with this problem.

I am using my hamm system as the backup server.  Two Solaris machines are
backup clients.  The problem I am having is with remote starts.  I can
start a backup to the backup server (hamm machine) from the Solaris backup
clients just run by running {full,incr}_backup but I can't remote start a
backup on the Solaris clients from the backup server.  For example, I use
the following command on the server to start a remote backup:

	afclient -X full_backup -h remote_host -k /etc/afbackup/cryptkey

but I get the following error on the server:

	Server Error: device has not been opened for writing.

The server log says the following:

	mt: /dev/nst0: Input/output error

However, if I "remote start" a backup on the localhost, i.e. the server
machine, as follows:

	afclient -X full_backup -h localhost -k /etc/afbackup/cryptkey

the backup works fine.  What's the deal?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ossama

Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu>