Problem with cfingerd solved

Hello everyone,
===============

a long time ago I posted here a question about cfingerd. I noticed that
cfingerd didn't correctly report the setting of mesg, and always
reported that the fingered user has his messages disabled.

In the meantime (as no one answered) I decided to ask the maintainer of
this package. And then it has been discovered that cfingerd improperly
evaluates the meaning of file modes of a specific tty (it thought that
for mesg y there has to be mode 622 although the correct mode should be
620). This bug has been fixed in the patchlevel 10, which should be
available soon. The maintainer also asked me to inform you about this
case.

For you who already know about this, sorry for disturbing.

All the very best,
Peter
--
                      * Peter Paluch                  *