procmail woes

hello my debian user friends, I have just upgraded my hardware and was
doing a new install of slink.  When it came to configure procmail is where
I ran into trouble.
These are the versions of procmail and smail

  smail           3.2.0.101-4.3  Electronic mail transport system.
  procmail        3.10.7-6       Versatile e-mail processor.

here is my .forward file
"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #paul"

here is my .procmailrc file (this is simplified debian of course)

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
ALOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from

:0
* ^To:.*debian
Debian

:0
* ^Resent-From:.*debian
Debian

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I think that I have things set up
correctly but obviously i don't.
Paul