Re: How do I - Directory manipulation

In article <[🔎] 199806071537.PAA48802@out5.ibm.net> you wrote:
: 3 questions
:
: How do I delete a directory with all subdirectories and files (similar to deltree)?

"rm -fr directory".

: AFter using emacs some mysterious directories have appeared that I cannot remove
: #this dir# How do I get rid of these?

This is auto-save files, IIRC. What does "rm #this dir#" say?

: I downloaded a file using lynx and now cannot find it.  I tried 'find' but could not use
: woldcards.  Is there a program similar to 'whereis' that will allow me to use wildcards and
: search all directories and subdirectories?

How about "find . -name '*file*name*' -print"?

Right,

							MartinS