Re: CD-rom and Zip-drive

>> from
>> >
>> >No, this line is used for the running the a mitsumi cdrom attached to a
>> >soundcard (IIRC).
>> >
>> >You don't need any driver for atapi devices.
>>
>> A ha, that's clear.
>> >
>> >You said "it does not work", but what message do you get?
>> It said something like CD-rom not found or something like that
>> >
>> >When you choose dselect's cdrom method, it will ask you about a block
>> >device.
>> >
>> >master at the 2nd IDE controller is /dev/hdc
>> >slave  at the 2nd IDE controller is /dev/hdd
>> >
>> >Try this when dselect asks you.
>> Works, just got to figure out how this CD was made. It says it hasn't a good
>> structure and asks me to enter the paths.
>>
>> Just a few more q's:
>> 1. As i mentioned I have an IDE zip-drive, it is recognized as a IDE floppy
>> drive, but it looks like a driver is missing or something, because it does
>> not want to read it. It says it doesn't have a msdos-file format, which it
>> does.

 Try checking the partition number with fdisk or cfdisk. It usually is
 something like /dev/hdd4 , instead of /dev/hdd.

 Anybody know, why fdisk and cfdisk tells me that I have bootable fat16
 partition on a zip-disk, that I partitioned again and formatted as ext2.
 I can mount it as ext2 ok, but this seems a bit weird. A kernel-bug ?
 (I'm using 2.1.101)

	--j