Re: ZIP and CD-rom

>MV> I have a problem with my secondary IDE channel. I have a CD-rom as
>MV> slave ans
>MV> a Zip-drive as Master on that controller. When I insert my Debian-CD,
>MV> install goes OK. Then, after reboot, dselect starts and I say; load
from
>MV> CD-rom. That's the place it does not work. I tried installing a mitsumi
>MV> driver with the following settingns,
>MV> mcd=0x376,15
>
>No, this line is used for the running the a mitsumi cdrom attached to a
>soundcard (IIRC).
>
>You don't need any driver for atapi devices.
A ha, that's clear.

>You said "it does not work", but what message do you get?
It said something like CD-rom not found or something like that

>When you choose dselect's cdrom method, it will ask you about a block
>device.
>
>master at the 2nd IDE controller is /dev/hdc
>slave  at the 2nd IDE controller is /dev/hdd
>
>Try this when dselect asks you.
Works, just got to figure out how this CD was made. It says it hasn't a good
structure and asks me to enter the paths.
Just a few more q's:
1. As i mentioned I have an IDE zip-drive, it is recognized as a IDE floppy
drive, but it looks like a driver is missing or something, because it does
not want to read it. It says it doesn't have a msdos-file format, which it
does.
2. Same message on HDA3, where some linux packages are located. Here's my
partitioning on the 3,2 GB HD
HDA1: Boot 120 MB
HDA2: Root 1 GB
HDA3: msdos-type (for now) with mail, packages and stuff like that.
Is the problem that HDA3 starts after 540 (or something around that) MB ?

>Ciao,
> Martin

Thanks,
Marc