HAMM ftp proxy install

I tried to install hamm thru a ftp proxy. It did not work.

I tried ping my proxy and that was OK. But the install never could do a
connect. I dont know exaktly what went wrong other than it faild.
I tried to start dselect with debugging but that did not print anything
on the ftp connect.

I did a ftp from WinNT ftp and the sesseion is something like this

WinNT>ftp <proxyname>
proxy>User: <my proxy user>
proxy>Password: <my proxy password>
proxy>ftp> user anonymous@ftp.debian.org
debian>Password: <email addrs>
IN!!

what type of session is dselect ftp expecting ???

One improvement in the ftp install would be a manual login to the ftp
server then return to the script. Then It should work for more people.

I looked at the perl script but as I dont know perl that did not help
much. To me it looked like proxy never could work but that probably
wrong.