Re: How to make X fonts Bigger

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Oz Dror wrote:

> >. All you need to do is to get the xfstt package, create a /var/ttfonts
> > directory, copy the fonts you would like to have into it, add

> copy the fonts from where? from windows? from X11?
> Do I need a font dir file, if so how do I make it.

I believe the /var/ttfonts directory is suplied by the xfstt package. If
not, create it yourself. Make a subdirectory with a nice name (like,
"winfonts" or whatever) in /var/ttfonts. Put the *.ttf files in this
subdirectory. Then the only thing you need to do is start xfstt and let
the X server connect to it.

Where you get the fonts is another matter. Rip them from Windows, MS
Office or any other program that ships with TrueType fonts. Or get
yourself one of thse "shareware fonts" CD-ROMs. Or download them from some
ftp server. <disclaimer>Just be sure not to break the law or any software
license.</disclaimer>

Remco