Re: How to make X fonts Bigger

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 02, 1998 at 10:22:34PM -0400, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> > Is there any way to make all X fonts say 1.5 times bigger than they are
> > now?
>
> If you find a solution to X fonts being too small and not scaling properly,
> LET ME KNOW!  I cannot use X till I find a solution to this or get a bigger
> monitor.

You can compile in support for TrueType fonts. Found the code for this at

	www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jec/programs/xfsft

I haven't done it yet, but this guy had screen shots of Netscape before
and after and the difference was dramatic. I'm just waiting for hamm to go
stable so that when I switch over I can apply this.

HTH

	- John Kloss