Re: LINUX Newbie

>I have never used LINUX.  What do I need to download/purchase to get
>started on my learning journey?

You need to buy nothing, although most people find a book helpful - I have
a Practical Guide to Linux ('cos I didn't want a CD). If you have a quick
net connection, then you can get the rescue disk, drivers disk, and the
base system disks by ftp off a mirror (see the website for these) - I'd
recommend using the debian/hamm/ set, instead of bo.

You can pick and chose other packages and install them with nfs. I suggest
deciding the sort of things you want to do first, otherwise the list of
packages may be daunting ;)

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/