Re: plog not working in hamm.

At 12:06 AM 6/3/98 +0930, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 joost@pc47.mpn.cp.philips.com wrote:
>

>No it doesn't.  I've added it in now though.  Can I activate this without
>rebooting?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mark.

Mark,

	You don't need to reboot to get the deamon to restart. Luckily on this
list, I found out that you can do a "ps ax" and find out which process
inetd is. Then do a "kill -1 (PS#)". That's the numeral one.

	Then for example, if inetd was process 183, you could do a "kill -1 183"
and it will stop/restart inetd program. Makes it a lot easier that having
to reboot everytime I changed something, which I was doing.

	I have learn a lot over the past few months just listening to this list.
Hope this helps...

Mike