Accessing html forms...

Hi all,

This is off the topic, but I figured I could ask anyhow.

I have to periodically access an post type form on a web page, and I would
like to do this automatically (ie. write a script/program to do it, rather
than having to load up netscape and do it by hand).  I've played with
programs like snarf for downloading pages, but I need to actually post
some data to a server.

Anyone have any information on ways to do this?  I must admit that I don't
know too much about http - expecially cgi stuff.

Thanks for any help,

Chris