Re: xlib6g

On Mon, Jun 01, 1998 at 03:27:51PM -0300, Ralph Winslow wrote:
> Unavailability of xlib6g seems to be the basis of several
> problems that I'm having in finishing this upgrade.  Where
> can I get this package?
>
> BTW, Is a list of the mirrors with the appropriate paths
> available?  When running dselect, I'm usually unsuccessful
> in using other than my tried and true site unless I explore
> it with ftp first.  Also, the apt method has http*bnl*gov
> as a built-in alternative, but if it's down or busy, I
> have no clue to alternatives.
> --
> Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net

Ralph,

	Believe or not I have found an excellent site to download Debian files
and it is usally pretty fast. Has been up to date just about everytime I have
logged on also.

	I have it set up as my default ftp site in dselect. It is at
ftp.caldera.com and the main directory is /pub/mirrors/debian. After that I
just enter the hamm/hamm, hamm/non-free, and hamm/contrib. You should update
the Packages list first and then you will be able to download then xlib6g
files. Get the xlib6g-dev files also. I have found that the '-dev' files
usally contain the missing lib files that I always have to go back and get...

	Hope this helps....

--
Mike Acklin
htuttle@samson.ml.org