RE: adding users via scripts

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Scott Ellis wrote:

: On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:
:
: > On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Bob McGowan wrote:
: >
: > : How about just adding the 'passwd' command to the scirpt?
: >
: > Because I don't know what the user's password is.  I have the encrypted
: > password entry from the /etc/master.passwd file from the BSDi box, and
: > don't need it encrypted again.
:
: Use a combination of the useradd command (which adds users from the
: command line) and the chpasswd command (which takes username/passwd combos
: on stdin)

*mumble man chpasswd* ... hey, cool!  'chpasswd -e' does exactly what I
want!

Thanks Scott :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104