Re: DNS

Yeah, you need the IP addresses. I'm not sure if the current ppp software can
glean the dns address from the peer. Do you know what the names for the servers
are? If you can dual boot into Win95 then connect in Win95 and run 'winipcfg'.
This window will show you the DNS addresses. You can just jot them down and then
enter them into your /etc/resolv.conf.

Edward Christopher Kern wrote:

> My ISP (erols) uses server assigned DNS's.  How do I configure my linux
> box to use those?  As I understand it, I would and "nameserver
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" to my resolv.conf if I had the IP, but this is not the
> case.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> --