Re: Reboots on Adaptec SCSI-based install (was: Installation)

"Bouden Mahmoud" wrote:

> I have a big problem installing the debian linux 1.3 from floppy.
> The machine is a Compaq Deskpro 6000.

  I'm using Debian 1.3, and had to build a custom boot disk because the
  probing in the regular install boot disk would somehow touch the Adaptec
  SCSI controller and reboot the PC.  This was actually very easy to do using
  another Linux machine.  The custom kernel and instructions are at:

   ftp://ftp.phys.ocean.dal.ca/users/rhogee/Debian/

  Beware, my CDROM is not SCSI so I did not compile that in.  I have since
  recompiled one with SCSI CD-ROM support in:

   ftp://ftp.phys.ocean.dal.ca/users/rhogee/Debian/new-version
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada