Re: "LI" when booting

Michael Roark <roark@telconnect.com> writes:

> I know this topic is hardly fresh, but I can't find the solution
> anywhere. You know the case -- installing to a large disk -- reboot and
> freeze at "LI". What how-to do I read to find the fix?

I once had this problem. Here is my (now working) /etc/lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda1
root=/dev/hda1
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=ask
delay=20
image=/vmlinuz
   label=Linux
image=/vmlinuz.old
   label=LinuxOld
read-only

What caused my "LI" was that. for some reason. I put boot=/dev/hda
instead of boot=/dev/hda1. If you have the same problem, change it
like the above, don't forget to run lilo again, and then reboot to see
if it worked.

Consult the /usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz file if the above advice does
not help. Due to your large hard drive, it could also be that you have
to use the linear option.

Bake