"LI" when booting

>I know this topic is hardly fresh, but I can't find the solution
>anywhere. You know the case -- installing to a large disk -- reboot and
>freeze at "LI". What how-to do I read to find the fix?
>
>Any suggestions would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael

Eithor your bios does not support disks over 528mb (> 1024 cyl's), or when
fdisking your drive to create partitions fdisk and the bios did not agree
on the cylinder re-mapping (the cludge that bios uses to address more than
1024 cyls, it lies and says it has fewer cylinders but more heads).  From
what I understand, one fix is to insure that the /boot partition lies
completly in the first 1024 physical cylinders.  You can also start fdisk
giving it parameters to force the cylinder re-mapping to agree with the
bios.  (Maybe the same for LILO?)  Having a recent MB and bios, I havn't
run into this problem thou I'm using a 5.4gb ide drive.  If you are using
SCSI there may be other problems.