Re: smail says: <user@(nodomain)>

Hallo Derek Tam
> >A sample "mailsession" could be:
> >
> >220-haitech.martin.home Smail-3.2.0.101 (#2 1998-Mar-18) ready at Sun,
> 17 May 1998 18:21:21 +0200 (CEST)
>
> [snip]
>
> >RCPT TO: martinb@localhost
> >250 'martinb@localhost' <martinb@(nodomain)> Recipient Okay.
>
> Ugrading to the newest hamm smail package, verifying local addresses
> returns similar to the above example.  I thought maybe this was a config
> problem on my part, but now that I've seen it again, maybe this is how
> it's meant to be?  I tweaked my config, turing on and off various
> attributes tying to get rid of the (nodomain) part, or at least getting
> it to repeat the mailname of my system.  Anyone know if this is the
> intended behaviour?

this is intended ....
All smail should do is to reflect what it gets.
if the user didn't add a domain .. smail shouldn't add this at this point.
(localhost is no valid domain imho)
I think the program which generates martin@localhost should resolv localhost
to a valid domain name and than send the mail

just my 2Cent
	Soenke