Re: scsi cdrom

On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 06:17:38PM -0700, Phlip wrote:
> I hope I'm not in the dark about this due to mental deficiancy. I can't
> seem to mount my cdrom. I have a buslogic bt946c controlling a 1gig
> drive and a chinon 1X cdrom.
What name do you try?

It should be /dev/scd0 if it is the only SCSI cdrom you have.
It could also be necessary to load the SCSI-cdrom driver before, so if the
sequence

# modprobe sr_mod
# mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom

does not work, I don't know what could be wrong. Are you using a custom
(i.e. not shipped with debian) kernel?

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *