Re: can't start netscape

Richard Sevenich wrote:

> I just installed Hamm and am using kde as the desktop environment. Attempting
> to start netscape yields error message:
>         can't load library 'libXt.so.6'
> The netscape version is one I used earlier under bo (netscape 4.05).
> The library in the error message exists.
> Any advice/hints?
> TIA
> Richard

	The library does exist, but its the wrong *version*.  When you upgraded to
hamm you upgraded libc from 5 to 6 (glibc2).  All the X stuff is also linked
to the new library.  Unfortunately, the Netscape your using is still
expecting libc5 stuff.  I got this same error, and solved it by going to
netscape.com and downloading the glibc2 version of Netscape 4.05.  The
version I downloaded is in a 'development' subdirectory (under the linux
directory tree) and is named:

	communicator-v405-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0_glibc2.tar.gz

--
Ed