Re: xdm and ps

Marcus Hirschfeld wrote:

> I switched from startx to xdm and now, with ps in an X-Term
> no processes are displayed (just the gettys from tty1 to tty6an a single
> bash). Any idea on how to use ps, so I can see all my running processes
> like my running window-manager?
>
> Marcus

Try "ps x" or "ps xf".

BTW, are you running as root? That would be the only way that "ps" would
show the gettys. If you do "ps x" as root, then you will also get all of
the daemons that root owns (pretty much all of 'em).

Jeff

--
"These open-source projects are resulting in software that is more
stable and supports a faster rate of innovation than any software
company. It's capturing the hearts and minds of the technology
industry like nothing since the Web." -- Marc Andreesen, Netscape
begin:          vcard
fn:             Jeffrey Ebert
n:              Ebert;Jeffrey
org:            Hughes Network Systems
adr:            11717 Exploration Lane;;;Germantown;MD;20876;USA
email;internet: jebert@hns.com
tel;work:       301-601-2662
tel;fax:        301-428-5868
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0