RE: Java JDK 1.15 on Debian?

        If you are using hamm (Debian 2.0), you just ftp:
ftp.debian.org/debian/hamm/non-free/binary-i386/devel
and download the jdk*deb packages. Then use dpkg as usual.
        I don't think jdk1.1.5 is packaged for Bo (Debian 1.3), so if you are
using bo, you will probably have to see www.blackdown.org, and download the
jdk1.1.5v5 tarball for libc5 and set it up yourself. Or else upgrade to hamm.
:).
        jdk1.1.5v5 is the newest port that i've gotten to work on debian, and
it is also the version of jdk that is debianized. (jdk1.1v6&7 seem to only work
on RH5 for now).
        For me, the jdk debian packages works out of the box while the tarball
only works once you set some symbolic links for its libraries into /usr/lib or
somewhere where it normally looks for libraries.
        www.blackdown.org is the source for info and files on the linux jdk
ports. Note that there are afew separate ports going on. The one that is
debianized and the one i'm talking about is known as the Bryne port.

Good luck,
Timothy

E-Mail: timothy@smasher.rs.itd.umich.edu
Date: 26-May-98