Re: disk server?

I have a similar setup at home except instead of a dedicated disk server I
just picked a machine that wasn't too busy and had some free space and
exported /home and /var/spool/mail to my other two machines.

I quickly realized I needed nis as well to keep uids/gids in sync. I just
went by the NFS/NIS howtos and the redhat/debian yp*/nis packages and had
no real problems.

One interesting side effect is that netscape and afterstep (and other
things I imagine) stores state information in a users home directory that
causes a few oddities when running X sessions on two machines at the same
time on different boxes. as a temporary kludge I just linked
~khill/.netscape to /opt/local/khill/.netscape on each machine I use it...
there should be a better approach, though...

-kevin