Re: problem w/ upgrade to hamm (+ mach64 x server....)

> ...so, I figure I'll try to upgrade to hamm (?). Ran the autoup.sh
> program (seemed to work except for a reported error with "slang"),
> then tried to run dselect via ftp (which has worked great for me
> several times) updated using the frozen_main (etc) - worked fine,
> updated info on approx 1500 packages... "selected" ALL (1st line).
> When I tried to execute "install", it reports that it "can't find
> packages for dist/frozen/main" (+contrib & non-free) "(rerun Update)
> nothing to get"
>
> this leads to reports of "processing downloaded files, package file
> is non-debian file"

Hmmm - This makes me think the update hasn't worked properly. What was the
reported error with slang? If that hasn't installed, you may need to
install it by hand with dpkg.

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/