system does not recognize 64 MB RAM

I know this is not a debian problem but maybe someone has an idea:

Today I replaced the 32 MB SDRAM chip in my computer with a 64 MB SDRAM
chip but the system - starting with the BIOS! - only recognizes 32 MB.

I tried all of the three DIMM banks, had a look at the BIOS options but
all without success. I also checked for BIOS updates that might be known
to fix this but nothing.

The board is an Elitegroup P5TX-A with Intel TX chipset. The 64 MB RAM
chip works well in another computer.

Any ideas how to get things working?

TIA,
Thomas

--
Thomas Apel <thomas.apel@gmx.net>
PGP Key IDs: 0x90B40401 (RSA) and 0x5B980B91 (DH/DSS)