Re: System.map

Just a thought - when I compile and installed my own kernel, I used the
zImage kernel.  I played with make-kpkg, and this wants to put the
files vmlinuz & vmlinux in /boot.  Would using zImage instead of
vmlinux cause problems?  How do I produce vmlinux from the kernel source?

BTW, I can't see any install options in the kernel makefile.  I just
followed the instructions in the readme, which were to:

make config
make clean; make dep
make zImage
make modules
make modules-install
cp arch/i386/boot/zImage /boot

modify lilo to include /boot/zImage

The README doesn't mention anything about System.map :(

Thanks for any information,

Chris