Re: IP Masquerade and PPP

>> ipfwadm -F -p deny
>> ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.0.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0
>>
>>     I copied them almost verbatium out of the IPMasqing HOWTO.
>
>I have used these exact same rules as well as using info I found on the
>Internet using Dejanews and I have tried the dotfile maker.  All with
>now success.  If we follow the How-to it says that you should try to
>connect to the Internet and browse using the ip address 152.2.254.81.
>Can`t seem to find this address.  This tells me that the firewall is
>blocking everything.  I have not seen any modules for ping, or
>traceroute.  I have seen modules for quake, raudio, etc.  Maybe I am
>missing something, but basic services like ping and traceroute should
>not be denied.  These are excellent diagnostic services.  Without them,
>it becomes difficult to diagnose.

This might be a totally useless suggestion but I am going to tell you in
the hope that it might help.

I recently installed ip masquerading on my Redhat 5 system. I followed the
complete HOWTO but had no succes connecting to the internet. I could ping
inside my own network so I knew the problem wasn't there. After searching
for a long time I found that in the file /etc/sysconfig/network IP
forwarding was turned off, I don't know for what reason it was turned
off but I know that it worked when I set it to FORWARD_IPV4=true

You must make sure that at boot you see a message that states that IP
forwarding is enabled.

Remmy