WELL DONE

Being a debian "super newbie", and having been exposed to "hostile
fire" under debian 1.3, I submitted my plea for help to the userslist.

One of the suggestions which was offered by an "astute debianer" was,
to suscribed to various lists, and get exposure to some of the
problems which other users are having. That was magnificent...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been inhaling about 50 emails
daily trying to breathe clean air from them. I've devised a smog
filter, and I hope that I've been learning something.

Over the past few days I've read with more interest, emails referring
to "hamm". (Maybe, I ignored similiar topics before because I didn't
relate to "hamm".) That got me to download the hamm 386 disk files
and the related documentation. I was indeed impressed!

Whereas, deb 1.3 was what I considered poorly organized (maybe due
to my ignorance), hamm appears to be a lot better structured (from
my point of view).  Therefore, where I formerly "critisized" 1.3
I now "laurelize" the people at debian.org for what I consider a
greatly improved effort.  Your effort has made it a lot easier on
the profane.

Now, I tried to be as careful as I could be. Reason being, I have
learned from the userlist emails, that there are a lot of "one liners"
out there who LOVE to "nit pick". However, this missive is for giving
the debian working people a WELL DONE, so, "nit pick" if you please.

Bert