Re: How do I find out who's using port # xxxxx

Martin Bialasinski writes:

 > LOLZ> complaining another process was using that port.
 >
 > LOLZ> I tryed to find out who was using it, but could not. Is there a way to
 > LOLZ> find it? (Just a note: I changed the number, and it works, but I'd
 > LOLZ> like to be able to find out who's using that address, anyway).
 >
 > Try the package lsof. It will give you all infos you need.

Hi,

looking at the package, I ended with "lsof -U". Now I can't quite
decifrate the results. For example, let's take the most famous:
sendmail on port 25.

nr# lsof -U
COMMAND    PID     USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE SIZE/OFF  INODE NAME
(...)
sendmail   185     root    3u  unix 0x03aab414      0t0    846 ->0x03aab810
(...)

Were is it saying that sendmail is listening to port 25 ?

Danke.

> Ciao,
 > 	Martin
 >

 > --

Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com