Re: SCSI Emulation for IDE ???

One of the kernel options (for 2.0.33 at least) is SCSI-emulation
support, and the help description sounds like it might be what you want.
Look under "Floppy, IDE, and other block devices" when you generate your
new kernel-configuration.

I've not used it myself, so I can't really say how reliable it is...